CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

9/11/2008

September 11, 2001

To all of the families that lost loved ones and to all of the people who gave their lives to save others....



I remember clearly what I was doing the morning of September 11, 2001. 7 years ago today.
I was an 8th grader at MLK magnet school. I was walking into my 2nd period class and the news was going. I thought, honestly, that this was a movie.
That class was study hall so it wasn't unlikely that it would have been a movie playing. When someone told me what was really going on, I didn't grip the reality of the situation. I just thought so what? its just two buildings.
In every class we had the television on and we were watching more events unfold. Still, I thought it would be over and forgotten soon.
We went to war in March of 2003. I was sitting in my grandparents living room. I remember feeling really sad. I knew more people were going to die. Now, thats not to be morbid, its just reality. The point of this post is to give memorial to all those who have fought and died in regards to the cowardly terror attacks that were 9/11.
Im sure you all know that David is a soldier who has been to Iraq. He serves because he loves this country, and I am thankful to have such a hero in my life.


0 comments: