CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

9/08/2008

Isnt life a hoot?

Where should I start?
Both David and I are nervous and anxious to find out where we are going to PCS.
We both feel strongly that Ft. Campbell would be the best. Why? because his brother and sister-in-law are there. My mom is 1 1/2 hours away. My grandparents are 4 1/2 hours away, and we just generally like the area. We had some odd times at best, but it stuck with us.
So why does it feel so wrong to think of leaving Ft. Bragg? Generally, we don't like it here.
We don't like most of the people, or the surrounding area. What is our deal?

There are both positives and negatives to any duty station.
Here are the Positives for Ft. Bragg:

*We have a great church family.
*We really enjoy most of the friends we know here.
*We really like our apartment.
*and the people who live in our building.
.....yeah thats about it.

The Negatives are:
*Some of the people we associate with.
*The filthy surrounding area.
*The drama that is here.
*No family.
*Our closest friends are at Campbell. :(

We are at a stand still with our minds and our hearts. I do not want to leave the Young Womens program. In fact, I'm going to be very sad when I do. Yesterday (Sunday) certain things and choices of others were brought to my attention, and I realized that these things are why I need to leave. I hope that when we get where I am going I will have the ability to discern the good people from the bad or the just plain crazies.

I (Chelsea) realize that I feel the strong need to help others. Maybe I feel the need to save people from themselves because I don't have enough self control to save myself. Obviously, this can lead to hypocrisies in my daily doings. So, if I have been hypocritical I apologize. Know that I only want the best for everyone around me. Maybe if you see me being self destructive, just once and awhile you could try and save me?

Be the kind of friend who holds your friends to their values.

Thats all the rambling I have for the moment,
Chelsea

1 comments:

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

Hi! I love all the updates on your blog, and the cute pictures! I hope that you get assigned to a good area. I'm sure you'll do great wherever you end up! I wish I could see you guys again before you head out. I miss ya! We have a blog too at http://stewarttriangle.blogspot.com. Let's keep in touch!